There are many important things, which should be checked before your website goes live. We already have a certain thread of posts, united by topic “checklist”!
If you just started following out blog, feel free to check recent “checklist” posts:
First, make sure all the information, provided at your web-source, corresponds to the reality. Do not mislead your potential customers by giving links, which go to nowhere; giving wrong contact information and prices for your services. Your website design should be user-friendly, so that your customers do not get lost browsing there.
Do not forget about “call for action” message. Help your customers to get what they need. All the updates, news and etc should be displayed on your Home page – do not make people quest for essential information.
If you request personal information of your customers (i.e. registration forms), take care about security and confidentiality.
All your texts (including headings) should be readable! Double check this! And obviously, all the links, buttons and check-boxes must be clickable.
Search option would be really helpful and useful for your customers, so make sure it’s accessible not only from Home page.
I guess there is no need to remind you about the importance of responsive (adaptive) layout. And please, please, no horizontal scroll!
Your content should be relevant, clear, without grammatical/spelling mistakes, and responding to possible questions of your customers!
Your website is an expression of your business concept in web.
It is how you present your brand to your audience and potential customers. It is definitely how you want people to perceive you.
Designing the right website might seem to be a very tricky and complicated process, especially ’cause you are eager to impress your customers.
I am certain that you want to grab their attention for the right reasons. This is the reason why we are fans of clean minimal designs. You will for sure impress, but not overwhelm your devoted users.
Following the trend of minimalism in web design, clean website layouts are also be very inspiring. Check out our minimal clean style templates to see that a lot of times the simple path can deliver amazing results.
Creating an effective and fully-functional website is NOT complicated and bothersome. All you need is to choose a website template at TemplateTuning.com, chat with a manager and monitor your project’s development. The rest will be done by us.
You can compare prices on web design market yourself.
Believe us, hiring web designers/developers to create a new, unique website costs several times more and takes more time than Template Tuning does. We customize templates and offer unique custom designs, the prices are more than affordable. Our team believes in low prices. Our prices consistently beat web design studio prices.
You might think that getting a website up and running takes too much time. Not true, my friends. We are addicted to speed. Using Template Tuning is much faster than searching for and haggling with web design studios.
We provide 24/7 technical assistance and care a lot about high-class quality!
Be with us. Grow your business with us.
In 1962, President John F. Kennedy signed a proclamation which designated May 15 as Peace Officers Memorial Day and the week in which it falls as National Police Week.
On this day, when flags are flown at half-staff, we pay tribute to the local, state, and Federal peace officers, who gave the ultimate sacrifice for the communities they served.
There is an ongoing need to be vigilant against all forms of crime, especially to acts of extreme violence and terrorism.
We remember and honor local, state and federal law enforcement officers killed or disabled in the line of duty.
More than 19,000 names of fallen heroes, who served and protected us with courage and dedication, are featured on the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial wall in Washington, D.C.
Any Bike to Work Day participants there? TemplateTuning team loves the idea to bike to work and support healthy environment!
So, this year Bike to Work Week is May 13-17 and Bike to Work Day is Friday, May 17. Are you ready, guys?
May is a National Bike Month, and is sponsored by the League of American Bicyclists since 1956.
This time for us is a great opportunity to celebrate the unique power of the bicycle and the many reasons we ride. It is obvious that by riding a bicycle you save money and time, preserve your health and the environment.
We are sure you know that Bike to Work Day is an annual event held in the Spring across the United States and Canada.
We encourage you to try bicycle commuting as a healthy and safe alternative to driving , as long as many municipalities, local bike shops, and restaurants support bike activities.
Get involved in Bike Month in your city or state —and help get more people in your community out riding too! Check what bicycle-related events are organized in your area on Bike to Work Day and join our numerous Bike community!
Internet is changing and facing new challenges every day; thus 2013 brings new forms and appearance into web design.
Different trends in typography and graphics are constantly emerging, and it’s high time to talk about trends in web fonts.
Let’s start with big and bold fonts : ) Obviously, they are designed to stand out. You can use them for your headlines to draw attention of your users, readers and followers. Of course, big and bold fonts like Cubano or Helsinki Bold will make your text more prominent and easier to read. So, just do not hesitate to choose them for your website headlines and post titles.
Do you love grunge? We definitely do – this is a font for a bad boy, who’s got a cool website about not really perfect things (though not necessarily). Grunge fonts like Bourbon Rough and Headlined will give your website a little bit of extra attitude, and that’s great.
Never forget about handwritten fonts – they’re always top-notch! No doubt, they add a depth of personality and emotion to any website or blog. Handwritten fonts can help you to sound (or be read) friendly, personal and politely. Your message will be understood and accepted.
We would also recommend not staying away from re-made classic and vintage fonts! What can be more exciting and attractive? The combination of classics and modern is what makes vintage fonts very popular among designers! So, choose one for your website!
Yeah, my friends, one of the most popular and widely used services has turned 8 years yesterday.
Happy Birthday, YouTube! The first video was uploaded onto Youtube on April 23, 2005. I bet, that developers did not expect their service to become so popular and powerful.
So, let’s learn some interesting facts about YouTube. Here we go:
- Did you know that more than 1 billion unique users visit YouTube each month?
- Over 4 billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube
- 72 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute
- 70% of YouTube traffic comes from outside the US
- YouTube is localized in 53 countries and across 61 languages
- In 2011, YouTube had more than 1 trillion views or around 140 views for every person on Earth
- Millions of subscriptions happen each day. Subscriptions allow you to connect with someone you’re interested in — whether it’s a friend, or the NBA — and keep up with their activity on the site
- 25% of global YouTube views come from mobile devices
- People watch one billion views a day on YouTube mobile
- YouTube is available on hundreds of millions of devices
- Traffic from mobile devices tripled in 2011
Stay tuned! Create your YouTube channel and make people speak about you : )
There are a few very important points, which should be well thought-out, when you start the process of your website design and development.
Today we’re going to talk about them!
1. Well, first of all make sure that your design is not too pretentious and intricate. Of course, you want your webpage to stand out among other designs, but – be reasonable and objective! You customers should in no way get lost at your website. Think about usability, intuitive navigation and well-organized information. Make sure that your customers will have quick access to information they are interested in. You should build the beautiful elements around the important concepts of usability and high-quality content.
2. Too many ads and unnecessary welcome screens might make your users leave the website before they basically reach any content they need! Again, make the information easily accessible.
3. Don’t get too obsessed with Flash, guys. If you aim to be easily found by potential customers, search engines should be able to index your website pages. It is not really possible with Flash: it’s not SEO-freindly. So, just step away, and find the alternative – JS or HTML5.
4. Your homepage can become a real design disaster. We’ve already stated that information should be easily accessible for customer, but make sure your homepage is not overloaded with info! Don’t try to tell everything to everyone about your business. Your homepage should explain people in less then half a minute who you are and what you do. That’s it. Clean style and simplicity are the key words, when we speak about homepage.
5. What can be even worse, then overloaded with information webpage, is a lack of corporate transparency. Your business becomes successful, when you establish open and transparent relationship with customers. Tell them about the people behind the process, behind the product, it’s extremely important indeed.
6. A big mistake is when you actually do not address the real need of your user! You can rave and rave about your product, you can make your website product-focused, your desire to make big money can become center and prior. I am sorry, guys, but it’s not really a good path…
On the contrary – focus on your customer and his needs. And only then you can present the product. Your website design should be build around customer and his expectations.
Stay with TemplateTuning!